What is Personal Information?
Personal information is any information about an identifiable individual.
WelcomePack Canada Inc. is responsible for personal information under its control.
Children: If you are under the age of 18, be sure to obtain your parent or guardian’s permission before you send any personal information to us, or anyone else. We encourage parents to get involved with their children’s online usage and to be aware of the activities in which they are participating.
What Personal Information do We Collect, and Why?
- We collect personal information (such as your date of landing, name, date of birth, address, email address and telephone numbers) in order to verify your eligibility to receive the WelcomePack and avail your feedback on the WelcomePack program.
- We also collect personal contact information (such as your name, address, email address and telephone numbers) if you: sign up for a newsletter; or register on our online forum or website. This information is used to fulfill your request for information, products or services, to provide targeted promotions, and to respond to your inquiries. From time to time this information may be used to provide reward points or apply credit, as applicable in the circumstances.
- We will retain your subscriber ID and passwords so that upon request by you we may remind you of them.
- If you enter a contest or other promotion, we use your personal contact information to administer the contest or promotion including contacting, announcing and promoting prize winners. In addition, sometimes our contest rules provide that we may contact contest entrants with promotions and product information. Those rules will also include a way for you to indicate to us that you do not want to be contacted for this purpose. Some contests may also involve co-sponsors, who have their own privacy practices. In these cases, the contest rules and/or entry forms will indicate that your personal information is being shared with these co-sponsors and will provide you with the ability to opt-out from receiving promotions and product information from them.
- We collect demographic information, as well as purchase history and a list of promotions offered to you, in order to gain a better understanding of your interests so that we may develop better products and services, and to determine your eligibility for other products and services.
- We may also use demographic, personal contact and history information to contact you about changes, enhancements or other notices related to products or services you requested from us and which WelcomePack Canada Inc. provides. In addition, we may use this information to send you offers or information from us, our affiliates and from selected sponsors or advertisers (“Marketing Offers”). If you do not wish to receive Marketing Offers, you may opt-out at any time by following the opt-out procedure below (read Consent and opt-out policy below).
- If you are concerned about cookies, it is possible to turn them off in your web browser preferences. The following link has useful information about how to opt out of cookies that are placed by companies who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative: NAI (Network Advertising Initiative) Opt-Out. However, please be aware that by disabling cookies, you may not be able to use all pages of our website, particularly pages requiring registration.
- We may place advertising or other links on our website that originate from outside advertisers. If you view these ads, the advertisers may assign a cookie. WelcomePack Canada Inc. does not control these cookies, nor is it responsible for any marketing or other use of your information by these advertisers.
- Our websites may use Web beacon, gif, or other technologies to better tailor and manage advertising on this site. These technologies may be in use on a number of pages across our web site. When you access these pages, a non-identifiable notice of that visit is generated which may be processed by us or by our sponsors. These Web beacons usually work in conjunction with cookies. If you don’t want your cookie information to be associated with your visits to these pages, you can set your browser to turn off cookies. If you turn off cookies, Web beacon and other technologies will still detect visits to these pages, but the notices they generate cannot be associated with other non-identifiable cookie information and are disregarded.
- Our website may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the site. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. Some ads appearing on our website are delivered to you by third party web advertising companies. These third parties may, from time to time, use information that they collect about your visits to this site, such as the number of times you have viewed an ad (but not your name, address or other personal contact information) to serve additional ads about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
- We use IP (internet protocol) address to gather demographic and statistical information about our users, for systems administration and to diagnose problems with our servers, and to administer our website. We may also use IP addresses to display or allow our third party advertising providers to display more targeted advertising and content.
- We may, from time to time, track and analyze anonymous usage and browsing patterns of visitors to our website to provide our advertisers with more targeted advertising opportunities and to help users see advertising that is most likely to interest them.
- We generally use your personal information for the purposes of : managing, administering, collecting or otherwise enforcing your accounts; maintaining business records for reasonable periods of time and generally managing and administering our business; and meeting all relevant Canadian and international regulatory, legal, insurance, audit, security and processing requirements.
- Occasionally, we ask our customers to complete market research surveys. If you choose to participate in these surveys and provide your personal information for that purpose, your information will be aggregated as part of the survey results and shared with our advertisers, sponsors and affiliates in a manner that does not identify you.
To Whom does WelcomePack Canada Inc. Disclose Personal Information, and Why?
WelcomePack Canada Inc. may disclose your personal information under the following circumstances:
- WelcomePack Canada Inc. may transfer your personal information to third party service providers in order to fulfill your order or perform processing and other specialized services (such as prize fulfillment of our contests, management of customer service requests, and/or product delivery).
- WelcomePack Canada Inc. may disclose your personal information to third parties if you have violated our terms of service or conditions of purchase, or if we need to comply with applicable laws and lawful governmental requests, other legal and regulatory authorities and for other legal reasons.
- WelcomePack Canada Inc. may disclose your personal information on a confidential basis to parties connected with the contemplated or actual financing, insuring, sale, assignment or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets, including for the purposes of determining whether to proceed or continue with such transaction or business relationship or fulfilling any records or other reporting requirements to such parties.
Consent and Opt-out Policy
In general, WelcomePack Canada Inc. seeks consent to use your personal information in accordance with our opt-out policy. Except as set out in this section, WelcomePack Canada Inc. obtains your express opt-in consent to use or disclose sensitive personal information.
If you do not wish to receive Marketing Offers, you may opt-out at any time by doing any of the following:
- follow the instructions at the bottom of any email Marketing Offers you receive
- call Customer Service at 905-762-9820 and request that your personal information not be used for Marketing Offers
- email Customer Service at email@example.com and request that your personal information not be used for Marketing Offers
It may take 2-4 weeks to fully process your opt-out request.
WelcomePack Canada Inc. has technical, contractual, administrative and physical security measures to protect your personal information in a manner that is reasonable and appropriate to the nature of the personal information you provide to WelcomePack Canada Inc., for example, by using industry standard secure sockets layer (SSL) encryption technology.
Please be aware that email is not a secure medium, and any personal information you send to us by email could be intercepted. If your communication is very sensitive, or includes information such as your credit card number, you should not send it electronically unless the email is encrypted or your browser indicates that the access to our website is secure. Materials posted to online forums such as bulletin boards or comment sites are public, not secure and may be viewed by anyone. Any personal information you post may be collected and used by anyone and may result in unsolicited messages from other internet users. WelcomePack Canada Inc. is not responsible for personal information you choose to post or submit in any online forum on its website.
How to Access and Correct Your Personal Information?
Our website provides you with the means to access, update, edit or delete certain subscriber or registration information by going to the appropriate page on the website and changing or deleting such information as desired. Alternatively, or for other information, you may call Customer Service at 905-762-9820 and we will make the changes upon receipt of appropriate evidence.
We will give you access to the information we retain about you within a reasonable time, upon written request, satisfactory identification and proof of entitlement. In some cases, we may not provide access to personal information in our possession or control. If we deny your request, we will advise you in writing of the reason for the refusal and you may challenge our decision.
How to Address Concerns Regarding Your Privacy?